Friday, September 20, 2013

Bittersweet Day

Today I had to bid farewell to my HPSD family. Tears were flowing all day, as one would expect on such an emotional day. I love my HPSD family and will truly miss them.

We had a meeting for lunch as planned, but I hadn't anticipated a second celebration that was attended by nearly all of the Central Office staff! I felt truly loved. Here are a few of the well-wishes I received.





In addition to these, I received hand-written sentiments, gift cards, hugs, phone calls, texts, candy, a magic eraser for classroom messes, plenty of Clorox wipes, a Yankee Candle, and a candle warmer! What an out-pouring of love!!!

I also received a "bad bye" (because there's nothing good about it) card with a gift card to Lakeshore Learning - my favorite place for instructional resources - nestled inside. I cried even harder. My cup runneth over!

The superintendent remarked that as long as he is there, I will always have a position. He joked that someone may have to lose their job to make room for me. Let's hope not! LOL  =^}

Now I have lesson plans to do because my new journey with 40-something 4th graders begins on Monday, whether I'm ready or not!

~TF

No comments:

Post a Comment