Saturday, September 7, 2013

Snowed under...

No, it's not snowing in Alabama in September, although I am being crushed under the avalanche of research I'm conducting on the Common Core State Standards and PARCC assessments. 

I have been out of the classroom for over two years doing technology professional development for teachers. As a result, I'm little behind with the CCSS and PARCC. So, now I am feverishly trying to familiarize myself with the standards, shifts, assessments, and more for an upcoming adventure - more on that later.

3 comments:

  1. You know, I don't have a problem with the CCSS like so many. I find that it's easier to plan for and manage because there are less standards per discipline. We teach less standards and as a result we can spend more time on them. Also, and by now everyone should know this, no one is telling us how to teach them you can bring your own creativity and flavor to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Christie Neise

    I am very excited about CCSS. I'm just a little overwhelmed by the document, appendices, PARCC documents, and other resources. Pathways is assuaging most of my fears already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Christie Neise

    I do think some Admins will micro-manage the implementation to the point where teachers won't have the autonomy the authors planned.

    ReplyDelete